Monday, July 23, 2012

Update from La Republica Dominicana

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and the group heading to the Dominican Republic this week. Your prayers have been heard!!! Let me explain: It all started when my flight got delayed an hour in Orlando. I was doing the math and it was looking pretty scary in catching my connecting flight in Miami. I still had a little time, but everyone would be boarding before I even landed. That doesn't sound good does it? Well, I knew God was in control. If I missed the flight, I missed it, and God would want me sleeping in the Miami airport for a reason. I called my mom and let her know the situation. She suggested I talk to someone letting them know I would be cutting it close and for me to ask them to wait as long as possible in Miami. As I did this, the lady informed me I could go on stand-by for another flight leaving at the same time my current flight got delayed to. I was thinking, "what is the difference" and also, "at least I know I have a seat on this flight" but I did it anyway because she said my current flight's plane was not even in the airport yet. Well, I made it on the other flight...but it took forever also to depart. I prayed on my flight to Miami that things would work out, and took a nap. We landed at 5:30pm. The connecting flight left at 6:20. No problem right? Wrong! We got hung up on the runway. I have to admit, the peace that surpasses all understanding was fading a bit. But I took God at his word to be anxious for nothing (Phil. 4:6) and did so. By the way, I was prepared to miss the flight if it happened. Well, we finally got the clear and I was excusing myself through the aisle until a guy blocked the path as he held a bag for his son who was throwing up. I patiently waited...and waited...and waited. When I got off the plane it was 6pm. Remember, the connecting flight left in only 20 minutes. I started running, and I ran...and ran...and ran, and wondered how in the world the airport was that big. I ran up escalators, through trams (even though that didn't help me...you can only go so far in a tram!), the whole while dragging Tony's microwave (you heard me right) behind me. Thank God they gave me a bag with wheels on it. Still though, in the tram my legs got weak, and I felt like I was going to throw up. I seriously have to get back in shape! Well, to make a long story short, I made it. I was the last one on, but they held the doors for me. It was like 6:15 or something. I later found out that my original flight got delayed again...and then again (no joke). But the fun did not stop there. My suitcases never caught up with me, and as I write this, I have not brushed my teeth or put on deodorant since Saturday. It is Monday. A nice couple I met from FBC Dunnellon (John and Elizabeth) offered me some of John's clothes. That was great. It was like the early church! I was not the only one whose suitcases did not make it either. However, I am happy to now comment, that prayers have been answered and 4 out of the 5 (both of mine and the folks with me) have made it. That was a blessing, because I had a window A/C unit in one, and a printer in the other. These are things that I have heard like to be taken by others. But I again had taken this to the Lord and if another got to enjoy some nice cool weather in their home because of me, then I would have been fine with it. However, there is still one missing if you of remember. It is one of Tony and Christen's (the other couple becoming career missionaries with us in the D.R.). They sent some cases with us to take for them. Please be in prayer for this case to show up. Fernando and I are going to the airport tomorrow to see if we can find it. The Lord hears the crys of His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment